I’ve just spent a week away in Italy with in viaggio col taccuino.
I had a fabulous time and would highly recommend it to everyone. Simo is running another session in September. I hope to go again in June next year.
The welcome was warm, the location and hospitality spectacular, food and wine terrific. Simo’s teaching friendly, encouraging and supportive, and she also encouraged us to try new things and break down old habits. My particular challenge was watercolour landscapes.. but more of that later. There were seven of us in the group and we became firm friends. I learned loads and am so glad I participated.I hope to go back next year.
Le Guadelupe, Volterra..
fresh flowers in every room..
The philosophy of urban sketchers is to draw on location
‘We aim to show the world, one drawing at a time’
Their manifesto is inspiring
- We draw on location, indoors or out, capturing what we see from direct observation.
- Our drawings tell the story of our surroundings, the places we live and where we travel.
- Our drawings are a record of time and place.
- We are truthful to the scenes we witness.
- We use any kind of media and cherish our individual styles.
- We support each other and draw together.
- We share our drawings online.
- We show the world, one drawing at a time.
so here we are sketching in the countryside..
and sketching in the town, Volterra..
I’ll post some of my sketches later.